A parish missionary is...
- a bold witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to our parish.
- an intentional disciple who seeks to follow Him wherever He leads.
- a model of the missionary discipleship call we received at baptism.
- a man or woman sustained and deeply thirsting after prayer and the sacraments.
- always seeking to bring more young people into relationship with Jesus Christ.
- growing spiritually, personally, communally, and professionally as a member of our parish.
Missionaries serve by...
- Relational ministry with youth, young adults, and parents
- Attending daily Mass and daily holy hour, with regular reception of Confession
- Encouraging the parish youth to be lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ
- Leading small groups, weekly youth nights, and men's/women's ministries
- Building administrative skills by planning events and programs
- Assisting in various other parish ministries and activities
- Fellowship with teammates and communal prayer as a team
- Spiritual Direction with a priest or mentorship with an approved mentor
- Staying in parish host homes, building relationships with the parish at-large
- Random evangelization
- Working the front desk at least two hours per week.
- Modeling a spirit of warmth, zeal, and hospitality by serving on hospitality ministry for at least two Masses per weekend, with special emphasis on breaking the ice with unfamiliar parishioners.
- Participating in outside parish ministries once per week
How can I be involved? We have many needs when it comes to the missionary program!
Prayerful Support. First and foremost, we need your prayers. This ministry (and all of our ministries) are only successful because they flow from and flow into prayer. If you are interested in becoming part of our parish prayer team, please contact Abby Kyle for more details.
Financial Support. While funding for missionaries is significantly less than a salary, there are still costs associated with having these missionaries at our parish. We need financial support for personal expenses, travel costs, ministry expenses, and several other things. If you are interested in being a one-time or regular donor, please contact Abby Kyle. All checks can be made out to St. Therese Little Flower. Please be sure to write "parish missionary program" in the memo line.
Host Families. Missionaries live in host families during their time with our parish. Families host missionaries for 2-3 weeks at a time, and they offer up their spare rooms, bathrooms, and share meals with the missionaries. If you are interested in being a host family, let us know!