They point out the following:
- Re-appearance of symbols of hatred, such as nooses and swastikas, in public places.
- Discrimination in hiring, housing, educational opportunities, and incarceration for Hispanics and African Americans.
- Immigration enforcement practices for Hispanics.
- Suspected criminal activity for African Americans.
- Growing fear and harassment of persons from majority Muslim countries.
- Xenophobic rhetoric that instigates fear against foreigners, immigrants, and refugees.
- Reported killing of unarmed citizens, notably African Americans, by law enforcement.
- How resources are allocated to communities that remain de facto segregated.
- The sin of omission when individuals, communities, and even churches remain silent and fail to act against racial injustice.